Hospitality House is a non-profit organisation working with homeless people in San Francisco. Its Community Arts Program (CAP) is part of it’s larger network of services that include a Community Building Program, an Employment Center, a shelter and two Self Help Programs.
- The CAP is a centrally located, free, 5-day a week studio space.
- The CAP has an onsite window space gallery that showcases the work of homeless artists who attend the programme.
- Artists are allowed to keep 100% of profits from work sold in the onsite gallery.
- The studio is open to anyone needing a space to work, and is split roughly 50/50 between homeless artists and other participants who work alongside each other.
- The CAP is viewed by Hospitality House as a ‘gateway’ to other support services for homeless people.